Natasha Lewis - Civil Marriage Celebrant


Natasha Lewis
Marriage Celebrant
Newmarket Qld 4051
Mobile 0411 143 472
send me a message

  • Marriage in Australia can take place between a man and a woman,
    who are each at least eighteen years of age.
  • The marriage can be celebrated in any location in Australia
  • Must be in the presence of a Registered Celebrant.
  • In the presence of at least two witnesses who are eighteen years of age or over.
  • The current Marriage Act requires that a Notice Of Intended Marriage
    MUST be lodged with the authorised celebrant no earlier than 18 months
    and no later than one month before the date of the marriage.
  • A person may marry if they are under 18 in certain circumstances

The celebrant is required to sight the following ORIGINAL documents.

  • an official (original) certificate of birth, or an official extract of an entry
    in an official register showing the date and place of birth of the party
  • If born overseas and obtaining a birth certificate is impracticable (not possible),
    then a passport issued by a government of an overseas country
    (The Australian Government will NOT accept an Australian Passport for this purpose)
  • If either party has been previously married, the Decree Absolute or Divorce Certificate
  • If you are a widow or widower, the Death Certificate of your late spouse
  • If any certificates are written in a language that the solemnising celebrant
    cannot understand a translation by an accredited translator is required.
  • Evidence of identity - one of these is acceptable: a driver's licence,
    a proof of age/photo card, an Australian or overseas passport or
    a Certificate of Australian Citizenship along with another form of photo ID.